Centerpiece for the Head Table at Wedding

My husband and I did our own wedding, we are fifty-somethings on a budget, and figured we had enough life experience to pull it off.

We did a great job (lot of work), but forgot one very important thing; a stunning centerpiece for the head table! As we were decorating the reception area, my bridesmaid asked for it; I drew a blank!

Both avid crafters, we headed for my house, where I happened to have a very large, thin glass vase, quite round, but also tall; it narrows at the top then flares again. I found this gem at a craft store in Pennsylvania, and it made it to Nova Scotia in one piece. We took a bouquet of silk roses from my craft room, put them into the vase upside down, turned it over, talk about pretty!

Since I made my own wedding cake, I happened to have a set of doves which were too ostentatious for the cake; they looked wonderful on top of the upturned vase! Add white doilies, one under the vase and a small one under the "love birds", sprinkle a little confetti; very different, and cost under five dollars, but would retail for at least thirty.

My hubby and I kept it, he has it on a book shelf, next to some wedding pics. Hope this helps some one, frugal living is simply being rich with little money!

PS: It was about 18 inches tall; just perfect.

Source: Our own creation.

By Debbie from Nova Scotia

Do you have a picture of the arrangement that you can post? Would love to see the end result. My husband and I also did the arrangements for our wedding. We were able to save money by sharing the church flowers and candle costs with the couple whose wedding service was right before ours. Plus the organist gave us both a discounted rate because she did weddings back to back. Our pastor helped us get in touch with the other couple. They were happy to save money too! Congratulations on your wedding.

Watering Can Centerpiece
Saving Money on Wedding Centerpieces
Weddings DecorationsMarch 26, 2008
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet