Don't Say It's for Your Wedding and Save Money

Wedding cakes can cost $500 or more. A hairdo (including color) on your wedding day, that would normally cost $120, costs around $230. Don't tell your vendors it's for a wedding. Get your hair done for a "hot date" and get your wedding cake for a "special party".

I'll remember that, that's so simple it's great!

So very true, especially with limos. As soon as you say its for a wedding different rates apply.

Check out my blog:

www.lowcostweddings.blogspot.com

Lying is never the answer just be honest and you would be surprised at some businesses generosity. I hope I never hear of this sort of dishonesty again. You put frugal peps to shame. I do wish you well and long healthy life you will need it. As the old saying goes "what goes around, comes around, and back three fold." If you get the saying you will think twice about cheating business again, if you can't afford it do it yourself, or you have a family member who is good with hair do it. That is all I have to say.

What do you mean by saying "Lying is never the answer just be honest and you would be surprised at some businesses generosity. I hope I never hear of this sort of dishonesty again."?

is a wedding mark up not a scam in and of itself? are you telling me, that if i order a beautiful custom cake for a party, then order the literal EXACT SAME cake for a wedding, that it takes more labor to complete? you MUST be a vender! b/c in all honesty, I've gotten discounts myself, where venders give me a "Quincenera"(spelling?) price. Rather than a WEDDING, like a freaking marriage license makes it more expensive!

It's not lying - it's being "economical with the truth".

Anyway, what business is it to a vendor/shop/business if I buy a cake for a wedding, party, whatever? Or if you get your hair done really special, why should the hairdresser need to know if it is your wedding day? If you find you get charged more, just because a service is for wedding, but the level of service is the same, then that is unfair.

There was a case in the UK, where a major shopping chain used to charge more for ladies bras (OK, I've never heard of men's bras...) over a certain size. They said they cost more to make, but they never had such a price difference for other clothes or products, such as shoes. After public pressure, they relented and made all the bras the same price.

If however, your get do a bit extra special service for a wedding, say for a cake, or a hair do, then it is fair to charge more.

Be honest up front. A reputable business owner deserves a reputable bride. There are dozens of ways to have a glamorous wedding without spending more than you can afford. Contact me and I'll tell you how.

Weddings AdviceAugust 10, 2007
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄