Exercise Ball As Desk Chair - Categories:

Exercise Ball As Desk Chair

Use an exercise ball as an office chair! It's fun, comfortable, can be good for bad backs, and you work your core muscles while at your computer just sitting and maintaining your balance.

I was going to buy an office chair but decided to try this instead. It's great. One less thing to clutter up the office. And it puts the ball to good use!

By Amy from Oklahoma City, OK

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

This is great especially if you are pregnant. I sat on an exercise ball all the time during my last month of pregnancy. It helped with back pain and strengthened my muscles for labor.

That's a good idea for young people, not for me. I have a 65 cm ball and used it that way. Even after weeks spent trying to get used to it, an online session would cause my hips to ache. Sometimes I could barely walk until I could get the kinks out. Over age 70 means doing without certain pleasures, darn it!

My son is special needs and I found that it works great for strengthening his back muscles and it also keeps him more focused at tasks. It has been used for desk chairs in some class rooms just for keeping kids on task. Great tip.

Health & Beauty Fitness AdviceJune 8, 2010
Man working out on an elliptical at the gym.
Fixing a Squeaky Elliptical
Leather Topped Desk
Removing Paper Stuck to a Leather Topped Desk
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair