Repairing a Broken Glass Cooktop

If the glass top on your range breaks there are really only two options. One is to buy a whole new stove, secondly you can try to replace just the top. It can be done. This is a guide about broken glass cooktop.

January 6, 2010 Flag

I have a 5-burner glass cooktop and the glass is broken. Where can I buy a replacement glass cooktop?

By Ricardo

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would start with contacting the company that made it.

This happened to my glass stovetop.I got a new regular stove top. It will not crack, good luck.

October 13, 2009 Flag

I broke the smooth glass on my cooktop. Anywhere I can buy a cheap replacement? Or do I have to replace the whole thing (cooktop/oven)?

Linxie from Tampa

Answers:

Broken Glass Cooktop

This also happened to me and it was cheaper to buy a new stove. Mine was from Sears. (06/29/2006)

By Johic1

Broken Glass Cooktop

I wonder if repair or trade-in shops (who save old appliances for parts) would have a used one of the same make. Then you wouldn't have much cost in the top and only for them setting it in. (06/30/2006)

By susanmajp

Broken Glass Cooktop

I just broke the cooktop on our Kenmore elite. We ordered a new glass top for under $400. The repair is easy enough, but when you remove the old top, lift it slowly and watch out. The keypad control panel may lift with it, then fall. Ours did, then came unplugged. Not too bad, except there are 3 places it could plug into and we don't know where it came off! (04/13/2008)

By janeto

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 6, 2010 Flag

I broke the glass of my GE cooktop. Is it possible for me to replace the glass by myself? Please help. Thanks.

By Mehrdad from Charleston, SC

Answers:

Broken Glass Cooktop

Yes, it is easier than you think. I did it. Penny (10/15/2009)

By pjcustar

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Glass Cook Top
Repairing a Glass Cook Top
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ranges & OvensFebruary 19, 2017
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Red lit burner on a glass top stove
Repairing Scratches on a Glass Top Stove
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 9:20:53 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.