Refinishing Laminate Cabinets

Is it possible to tint laminate cabinets from lavender to gray? Then I would like to replace the purple counter tops for a more neutral color, as well. I can not afford to replace the cabinets.

By Lyn from Tampa, FL

By tint, I assume you mean paint. Laminate cabinets are much like wood cabinets, they can be painted as long as you do all of the preparation work correctly.

Laminate is a very smooth surface that can attract grease, dirt and other contaminants that need to be removed before priming and painting. Make sure you use a good quality primer that will stick to surfaces such as laminate.

This article suggests the correct primer to use, how to clean the cabinets and how to paint them properly. ... g/How_To_Paint_Kitchen_Cabinets.html

I hope that helps.

This is a very affordable project, but you need to have the time to devote to it. Here's a link that can help:

Man paining cabinets white
Refinishing Laminate Cabinets
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingNovember 26, 2009
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Man painting cabinets.
Painting Laminate Cabinets
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets