Cleaning a Curling Iron

Hairspray and other hair products can build up on your curling iron. Cleaning your curling iron will prevent this build up from transferring to your hair and ensures that the iron heats up evenly. This is a guide about cleaning a curling iron.

Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Use oven cleaner to clean stains from windows. Spray the glass, let it sit 5-10 minutes then wipe.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do I get hairspray off a curling iron?

By Beverly from Oswego, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I use shampoo on a slightly wet cloth to clean hairspray off of things. A little goes a long way.

Read More Answers...

Tips for cleaning curling irons. Post your ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

70% alchohol

Read More Answers...

Use iron cleaner to clean a sticky curling iron and flat iron.

Source: My daughter

By Monica from Cortez, CO

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone have any ideas on cleaning curling irons? Mine work fine, but have dried hairspray and setting lotion on them. They look terrible. Just wondering if there is a way to clean them.
Thanks

Vicki from TX

Answers:

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Use what you have handiest and most easy, hair shampoo. It removes it from your hair, it will do the same for your curling iron. (06/17/2008)

By Cariboo Lady

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

My daughter has a CHI flat iron and she was told to clean it with alcohol when it is either hot or cold. She says it works. (10/11/2008)

By Lisa

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Use "Totally Awesome", a cleaner found at the Dollar Store for $ 1.00 per spray bottle. It works great. This stuff is so good it will take the paint off of walls. (06/17/2009)

By kkharp

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Cleaning Your Curling Iron
How do I get hairspray off my curling iron?

Angela from AL

Answers:

Oh, thank you so much. The idea for the rubbing alcohol worked great. I have had to spend about $200 in replacement ceramic straight irons in the last year because the hairspray gets so bad I can't get my hair through it. I just cleaned my iron with some cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol and it came right off. Thank you for your wonderful suggestion. (08/24/2007)

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Actually Nail polish remover was enough to clean off my curling iron, but it was also just a thin coating. Pretty much any alcohol-based cleaning product will work.

Rose

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

Damp cloth! Don't scrub too hard to scrape off ceramic! (02/03/2007)

Suzanne

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

I wet a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol and rub it on mine. It dissolves the hairspray almost on contact, and dries just as fast. (11/10/2006)

susanmaj

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

I have used oven cleaner with great success! It takes off that burnt on mess!(10/31/2006)

Pam

Cleaning Your Curling Iron

I just take a wet (but not dripping) washcloth and roll it around and under the clip part of the iron and then all around the barrel again and just let it set for a few minutes. I do this with the curling iron hot but UNPLUGGED! When it is cool enough to touch I just rub the washcloth around and all the hairspray gunk wipes off of mine. No need for special cleaners, just use water and let it "steam". (10/28/2006)

Grandma Margie

Tip: Cleaning Your Curling Iron

To clean hairspray from a curling iron, even teflon coated, spray a little De-Solv-It on it, wipe with a paper towel, and you are finished. I tried this after trying alcohol, baking soda/water paste, fingernail polish remover, and ammonia. It was SO easy! (10/27/2006)

By Amanda from Copperas Cove, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To clean hairspray from a curling iron, even teflon coated, spray a little De-Solv-It on it, wipe with a paper towel, and you are finished. I tried this after trying alcohol, baking soda/water paste, fingernail polish remover, and ammonia. It was SO easy!

By Amanda from Copperas Cove, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 2, 2011
Cast Iron Wood Stove
Cleaning a Cast Iron Wood Stove
Curling Iron Holder Crafts
Curling Iron Holder Ideas
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Hair Curling Tips
Hair Curling Tips
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 4:09:08 PM on 10.0.1.254 in 817 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.