Planning a Trip to Six Flags St. Louis

Next week I am taking my kids (ages 16, 13, and 11) to Six Flags St. Louis. Can anyone share anything they found in Six Flags that was an unexpected treat? What about in the area around Six Flags, like in St. Louis or between there and Springfield or Peoria, IL?

I only get to see my kids once or twice a year so I like to pack it full and make every moment count (and that includes one on one time as well).

Thanks.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

The St. Louis Zoo is free to get in and it is a really nice zoo.

http://www.stlzoo.org/

Grants Farm is fun and I believe is only a parking fee.

http://www.grantsfarm.com/

The City Museum isn't cheap but it is quite amazing and your kids are a great age for it.

http://www.citymuseum.org

Cardinals Baseball

The Arch of course

I don't think that I've ever personally visited that area in order to answer your question. If you belong to AAA you can pick up a tour book for the areas you will be visiting. It is well worth the investment to join AAA. Their yearly dues cover triptiks, road maps, accommodations at motels, hotels, airlines, cruises, etc.

You can also stop at tourist information centers and pick up free pamphlets of the area.

The cave ride was my favorite as well as the water log ride. Have fun!

Log ride was my favorite ride. Have fun.

I agree, the St. Louis Zoo is free and great!

If you decide to visit Grants Farm, it is best to make reservations, I recomend all the other places that were mentioned. Sadly you will pass the Chrysler Plant that is being pulled down, it used to employ a few thousand people.

The Arch, Grants Farm, the Zoo. :-)

One thing we did when we visited 6 flags was to pack coolers- with drinks and cold cuts, fruit, etc. We brought a loaf of bread and other fixings. They'd stamp your hand to go out to the car at lunch time and come back in when done. It saved a lot of $ with a large family, as food can be expensive. We'd also usually have sandwiches for dinner, too, if we were there all day. We'd save $ for snacks and treats inside.

Travel and Recreation TravelJune 27, 2011
Garden Flag
Using Garden Flags
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
photo of Notre Dame
Finding the Value of a Louis Orr Etching
Six Can Soup
Six Can Soup Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:16:18 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.