Eat Half Your Entree

You have probably noticed that the serving sizes at most restaurants is either more than a person can eat or more than a person should eat. Here's a way to prevent over eating while gaining an extra meal in the process. As soon as the server sets down a plate, divide your meal in half. Eat half at the restaurant and take the other half home to eat for lunch the following day. Your waist line will thank you.

I have been doing this for a long time. THere is no way I could eat the whole portion they give me, and its a nice treat to have lunch I dont have to fix. Also makes a good late night snack for teenage son.

What do you do about servers who get snippy when asked to bring a box right away? There's less temptation to overeat if you box up half the food before starting to eat.

I have to do this with kid's meals for my sons at sit down restaurants!

What do you do about a "snippy" server? Ask for the manager and then request another server.

Oh how I miss the old 'doggy bag'! Here in Australia, due to health and safety considerations, you can no longer ask for a doggy bag for any uneaten food at a restaurant... What you don't eat you have to leave behind! I understand the reasons why but how I hate to waste food!

Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
Entertainment Dining OutJune 16, 2006
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
Triangle Quilt Blocks
Making Half Square Triangle Quilt Blocks
Macaroni and Cheese
Cooking with Dairy Products
🎄