Downloading Images from a Digital Camera

I tried to download the images in my Nikon digital camera to my computer today. The images do not display in the camera's folder as they usually do. The computer screen popped out a message saying the the file was corrupted. How did that happen and what should I do? The picture are artwork images, very important for my work.

By ZiZi from Newton, MA

Answers

If you still have the images in your camera try exporting them on a different PC. It may be that when you tried to export them on your normal PC the files were written on a corrrupt area of your hard drive. It is very unusual but it could happen. If the files transfer on another computer and you get the same message your camera is the culprit. If not then it is your PC. If it turns out to be your camera the only thing I can think of would be your memory chip is bad and you will need to get another one. Unfortunately that would mean your pictures are lost.

Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
Computers TroubleshootingSeptember 8, 2010
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
Blue digital camera.
Cleaning a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
🎉
🎄