Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

Is there a glue I can put on some peel and stick tiles that are coming off?

By Patty from Memphis, TN

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

You don't say what the material is that the tiles are adhering to. However, if it not a porous material then I would lift up the tiles that are not sticking being careful not to break or tear them. Clean off the old adhesive and apply contact adhesive. With contactadhesive you have to wait a period of time before applying to the substrate. The directions on the can should give you that information.

My husband has used these in homes and he puts adhesive on the floor anyway, so that dirt can't get down thru the edge of each tile that will eventually make the tile come up. Never had to do a repair of them due to doing this.

Answer

I laid peel and stick tiles onto concrete without any prep in kitchen, dining, and entry way. The peel and stick is all coming up, underneath the tile the floor is damp. Any suggestions that don't involve pulling up all the tiles?

By Fondor from T

Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

Concrete is porous meaning moisture is coming through the concrete to lift the tiles off. I don't think there is a solution for sticky back tiles. Tiles put over concrete usually are terra cota type and put down with mortar and grouted between the tiles. You could go to a Loew's or Home Depot and ask the people who run the tile dept. (02/09/2010)

By foxrun41

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringNovember 18, 2010
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 9:14:03 PM on 10.0.0.145 in 590 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.