Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

Is there a glue I can put on some peel and stick tiles that are coming off?

By Patty from Memphis, TN

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sheila [3]11/20/2010

My husband has used these in homes and he puts adhesive on the floor anyway, so that dirt can't get down thru the edge of each tile that will eventually make the tile come up. Never had to do a repair of them due to doing this.

By Deanj11/19/2010

You don't say what the material is that the tiles are adhering to. However, if it not a porous material then I would lift up the tiles that are not sticking being careful not to break or tear them. Clean off the old adhesive and apply contact adhesive. With contactadhesive you have to wait a period of time before applying to the substrate. The directions on the can should give you that information.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

I laid peel and stick tiles onto concrete without any prep in kitchen, dining, and entry way. The peel and stick is all coming up, underneath the tile the floor is damp. Any suggestions that don't involve pulling up all the tiles?

By Fondor from T

RE: Peel and Stick Tiles Coming Off

Concrete is porous meaning moisture is coming through the concrete to lift the tiles off. I don't think there is a solution for sticky back tiles. Tiles put over concrete usually are terra cota type and put down with mortar and grouted between the tiles. You could go to a Loew's or Home Depot and ask the people who run the tile dept. (02/09/2010)

By foxrun41