Locating Speedtraps

Want to locate places in your area where there are speedtraps? Here's a site where you can find the ones in your area or list the ones you know. This is for the U.S. and Canada only.

Editor's Note: ThriftyFun does not endorse or encourage speeding. Not only is it dangerous, it also has an negative impact on your vehicle's fuel economy. Having said that, it is good to know where speed traps are located. They usually set them up right after the speed limit has gone down so taking note every speed limit sign is the best bet to avoiding a ticket.

How about you just go the speed limit and be safe? You don't get there much faster, by second literally and it's a waste of gas!

I agree. although I do normally drive 5 mph over the limit (on the interstate, not in town) and I still have people flying by me only to get to a stop sign or exit and beat me by a few seconds. so what did they solve by driving 10-20 mph faster than the speed limit? not a thing. and when I've been given a ticket I deserved it. people are too much of in a hurry these days to get places only to have to sit and wait but listen to this...yesterday I had a state police officer fly past me doing about 80 mph or so just to get a few miles ahead and find a place to pull out his radar gun to catch speeders.

It's not an accident if it happens when you're speeding.

I checked my area on this website. The nearest so-called "speedtrap" is on a part of the interstate that has more than its share of "accidents." I hear the rescue squad and police sirens every weekend. As a local taxpayer, I'm helping to pay to get "accident" victims the emergency help they need. Our emergency people are very well-trained, but if the drivers are not insured, our local government probably won't get reimbursed for saving those lives.

If you speed or otherwise drive recklessly, don't expect any sympathy when you hurt yourself and others.

Frugal LivingJune 11, 2007
A woman holding her nose.
Locating the Source of a Foul Smell in House
Stack of Free Tires
Locating Free Tires
Locating an Ex-husband
Locating an Ex-husband
Locating Adopted Relatives
Locating Adopted Relatives