Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

I got a lipgloss stain on my shirt. It's a bright red, so there's no hiding it. I pre-cleaned it, and washed it. It lightened up a bit, but it's still there. I don't know if this helps, but it's an Ulta pot of lip gloss. Thanks.

By Jes from Raleigh, NC

I would try pre-treating it with water and cascade with dawn powdered dishwasher detergent. Mix into a paste, let set for an hour or so and then wash. The only caution is if it is a dark color. Do a quick test on the inside hem to make sure it won't discolor. May want to even try Dawn liquid dish detergent by itself first, it really is a wonder product!

May 21, 2010 Flag

How do you get Vaseline lip gloss stains out of washed and dried clothing?

By Bramma5 from Bend, OR

Answers:

Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

Try putting bicarbonate of soda on first, then put vinegar on. Do not worry, if it fizzes up. That's normal. Then scrub until stain disappears. (01/17/2010)

By rachel4ever

November 24, 2009 Flag

How do you remove lip gloss spots from clothing? The items went through the dryer and now I can't seem to remove the spots.

Sandra from Perris, CA

Answers:

Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

I have always used Murphy's Oil soap. Put it on the stain, let set a few minutes, and then wash. You can even use the dollar store brand of Murphy's. Hope this helps. (04/24/2006)

By shannon

Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

I use an old product called phels-naptha soap to remove just about anything. You should be able to find it, it's a bar soap. My grandma always used it. You can use a scrub brush to rub it on the stain. Good luck. (10/12/2007)

By wendy

Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing

I had a very expensive white blouse that I got lip gloss on. I hand-washed it using warmish-hot water, and dish detergent, rubbing the part with the stain. This only took a few minutes, and after letting it dry, the stain was completely out. (10/05/2008)

By anonymous

May 14, 2004 Flag

I accidentally put my lip gloss in the dryer and i would really like to get the little "gressy" spots that are on all of my clothes off... can anyone help?

TL from TX

Answers:
Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing 05/24/2004
I have always had good luck using cornstarch. Put a cloth or paper towel under the spot, sprinkle with cornstarch and rub with a clean dry cloth or paper towel. The cornstarch absorbs the oils and pulls them out of the fabric. This worked when I somehow managed to get sewing machine oil on a bridesmaid's dress I was making for my niece's wedding! Good luck...
By Sabrina (Guest Post)
Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing 05/24/2004
Try Dawn dish detergent. I keep a bottle in my laundry room and just squeeze a little to cover the stain. If it's a bad stain you could even rub it in. Then I let it sit a few minutes (or overnight) and put the clothes in with the rest of the laundry.
Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing 05/26/2004
There is a product called Lestoil. I found it at my local farm supply store as it doesn't seem to be available in a regular grocery store. It as a petroleum smell. But don't worry, after drying I don't notice the smell at all. It works wonders on my kids greasy smears on their clothing as well.
By Leigh Ann (Guest Post)
Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing 01/28/2005
Go to the store and in the laundry section buy the OXY POWER spray the area good and let it set for a couple hours, it shoud come out. It might take a couple applications
By Shelly (Guest Post)

A woman putting on lip gloss.
Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 21, 2010
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
lip gloss puddle and applicator
Homemade Lip Gloss Recipes
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
🎉
🎄