NUCCA Back Adjustments, Do They Really Work?

I am 20 years old and have suffered from back pain for the last six years now. I was in a car accident a year and a half ago and did chiropractic for a year and felt better in the mean time. But now that I have stopped, the pain is back and even worse now. I have considered doing the NUCCA adjustments, but I really don't want it to be a dead end road again.

By Amanda from Seattle

Answers

It is possible you might have injured yourself again and not even know it. I would certainly suggest having some ex-rays done before ever going for an adjustment. I had been in two auto accidents, leaving me with a serious neck injury. I neglected to have an ex-ray and went to a chiropractor. He didn't suggest ex-rays and I was in much more pain each time I went for an adjustment.

When I finally couldn't take the pain any longer, I went to a doctor who had some ex-rays taken. They showed my injury for what it was, and it made sense to me why I had much more pain when I went for an adjustment! This was many years ago, and the injury had healed and I was without pain, then suddenly, about two weeks ago, I had an ER visit with some symptoms I was having. The MRI I had done showed I had a bulging disc in my neck. I had injured it recently when I was cleaning our shed. A heavy box fell and hit me in the back of my neck. It never dawned on me I might have re-injured myself, or to what extent the injury was! It is very easy to injure your body and not realize it. If you decide to seek medical attention, make sure to tell your physician of your past symptoms, so they have your full medical history, which will enable them to help you better. My orthopedic doctor told me he sees many patients who have either slipped discs or bulging discs and never realize the severity of their injuries, so they just deal with the pain for years. This doctor said that for a minor problem, a chiropractor could provide some relief, but for more serious injuries, you might need medical attention.

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 15, 2010
T-shirt
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Lawnmower mowing long grass.
Choosing the Best Lawnmower Height Setting
Setting Up a Carpool to Work, Man Getting in Work Car Pool
Setting Up a Carpool to Work
🎄
🍂