Photo Christmas Keepsake Ornament

contest winner icon

I had photo made on transparency film at Kinko's. Then I cut it out in a 3" circle. Rolled it up and inserted into the top of clear glass ball. It flattens out by itself. I added some angel (or glitter) hair, poking it down with a pencil, on each side of the film. Then I replaced the top, added some "snowflakes" the names and date with a white marker. These are our two oldest great grandsons. Have to make another since there are 3 of them now.

By Great Granny Vi (Originally Published 8/31/2005)

That is so neat Great Granny Vi.........Where would you go to get photos put on the transparency film if you don't have a Kenkos. I would like to try that.........beautiful picture.......

I love, love, love this idea! It looks perfect for grandparents for Christmas!

You can make your own transparencies at home if you have a color copier or scanner. Walmart and Office Depot sell packages of transparencies you can feed into your computer printer. There's 10 in a package and I think it sells for $6-$7. Scan, size and print the photo on the transparency paper, or if your photo is already the size you need, just use your color copier and print on the transparency paper. It's sooo easy!!

You can use transparency photos to make suncatchers using glass tiles.

These transparencies are great for scrapbooking too. I love to print quotes and phrases in various fonts on these transparencies to liven up my scrapbook pages.

Transparencies are very versatile and great for lots of crafts! The possibilities are endless.

wow...when i tryed to do this a couple of years ago it did not turn out that good.... glad it worked out better for you

Here is another, similar but pre-made ornament idea that was made by pictoob. I think you can get them online somewhere. We bought several and they look great.

That seems so neat. I could have loads of fun around that idea.

Making Photo Ornaments
Making Photo Ornaments
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsDecember 5, 2006
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas