Painting Baby Furniture

I need to repaint a baby bed. What kind of paint is safe? I have started using an enamel based paint. Is this OK? It has a flat feeling to it. Could I use a gloss over it? Ideas anyone?

IMAQT1962 from IL

First make sure the paint is lead free. The paints I have used all stated that they were safe for infants and toddlers. I would reccomend reading the label, if in doubt ask someone where the paint was purchased. Take Care ! JAN

i would check with say sherwin willams cause this paint will go in the babys mouth better safe than sorry

I believe the best paint is Milk Paint you can find it on the internet if you google "Milk Paint" and also non toxic paint you will find links . Try this link

Painting Furniture
Painting Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingFebruary 26, 2007
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower