My Eggs Were Frozen

My refrigerator got turned up too high and some of my eggs got froze. It is safe to still use these after they thaw, or should i throw them out. I mainly use to fry or make omelets. Thank you for the advice.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Read the following FDA brochure, looks like eggs frozen in their shells cannot be used....They must be beaten together before freezing...

I dont think that they would hurt you if you ate them, I just think that they would not be the same, and probably not work to fry

According to kitchen safety guidelines, (I can't remember the source I looked this up from, but it was recently, as I was writing an article for my webpage) if eggs freeze accidentally in their shells, keep them frozen until needed. Defrost them in the refrigerator. Discard any with cracked shells.

Eggs frozen in the shell in the frig work well. Leave them in their frozen state until ready to use. Set in a bowl of lukewarm water for a few minutes before using. Have used these often with no problems.

A wicker bowl of eggs.
Freezing Eggs
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJuly 1, 2006
Scrambled eggs are too watery.
Watery Scrambled Eggs
Cooking eggs for a large group.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs for a Large Group
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers