Marbleized Easter Eggs

Years ago my mom made marbleized Easter eggs. They didn't just look like them they really were the real thing. Does anyone know how to do this? I do know they wrapped silk cloth around them to make a pattern and boiled them for a long time. Anyone know how to do this? Thank you in advance for your help!

Karen from Clemmons, NC

Karen, I saw a project on Martha Stewart some time back ( probably last Easter) on how to make marbled eggs using silk ties like you mentioned. I haven't tried them yet. Go to Martha's web site and I'll bet you can find the project. It was called silk tie Easter eggs. If you can't find it,email me at bjptl AT and I will send a copy to you.

Judy Harris

Crafts Easter EggsApril 3, 2007
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Reusing Plastic Easter Eggs
Making Yarn Easter Eggs
Making Yarn Easter Eggs
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye