Using Dish Soap and Iron trick on Koolaid Stain

Does anyone know if the dish soap and iron trick will work on month old red koolaid stain on aqua wool rug?

Laura from Lexington, MI

When I ruined my carpet trying to remove red Koolaid the carpet repair main showed me a trick... Take a clean white hankie saturated but NOT dripping with white vinegar and place over stain. Then iron with medium heat. It will pick up the stain. He only did it once since I had already RUINED that area but I would think you would need several white hankies and several heat applications.... Good luck!

On the counters or other hard surface I use a paste of baking soda and let it sit. Can't say if it would work on the rug or not. Try a small spot.

If you haven't pre-treated the stain with anything else I use Dawn foaming dishwashing liquid in the blue bottle and it alone gets out kool aid stains, all the stain, and no iron required.

What is the dish soap and iron trick? I've not heard of it so please share! Thanks!

I used the dish soap and iron trick on red koolaid on light blue carpet when we were moving out of our rental a month ago. I was absolutely amazed!! Worked like a charm and when I mentioned it to the carpet cleaning man, he said not too many people know of this treatment but that he knew it worked for many people too. Definitely would do it again.

Hi all,

Will this work for day old kool-aid stain? I did try to use my Bissell spot bot and it lightened a bit and then I found this forum. I do not have blue dawn here at this moment and was wondering if any soap will do? Should the iron be on the steam setting and what temp? This is an old carpet but I am afraid I have ruined it. This stuff is everywhere. :(

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsApril 29, 2008
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄
🍂