Cleaning Italian Leather Furniture

I desperately need help trying to get my furniture cleaned. I have Italian Leather which is similar to suede and I have spoken with several cleaning companies and no one is sure how to clean it and the company ELRAN states for me to contact a professional. Is there anyone out there that can give a clue on what to do or who to contact to clean my furniture?

Best Answer

You must have an unfinished or nubuck leather. If you have a build up of oil and soil. A cleaning even from someone that knows what they are doing will not be able to fully restore your piece. They can however; clean it as well as possible and re-protect the leather to slow the aging and soil build up. You need a pro leather repair and restoration company. You can also check out some of the ads on this sight. But be careful what you attempt to clean this leather with.

HI CHERYL, YOU CAN USED VINEGAR OR RUBBING ALCOHOL PUT A CAP FULL WITH A LITTLE DISH SOAP IN A SPRAY BOTTLE BUT TRY ON A OLD LEATHER PURSE FIRST TO SEE IF IT DOESNT FADE. IF IT DOESNT FADE THEN USED TO CLEAN YOUR COUCH. GOOD LUCK SHEILA,