How Can I Wear My Frizzy Hair?

I'm hot and my hair is frizzing (as usual). Got any suggestions to wear my slightly past shoulder length hair up?

Holly from Richardson, TX

I have the same problem! A few months ago I stopped shampooing my hair every day. I still shower and use conditioner every day, but I only shampoo about every 5 days. The first week was the hardest!! My sister-in-law has the same problem and recently started doing this as well. She couldn't beleive the difference. I also put on a little Sunsilk Hydra TLC (the pink bottle) while my hair is still damp. It's like a leave in conditioner. Hope this helps.

Try the Frizz Ease products they have on the market.They work great.

I definitely second those Frizz Ease products. My hair is the same and those work wonders for me. Or, if your hair is naturally curly, I've found the best is to just let it go and curl how it wants, then pin it back in a make-shift updo. It's cute and everyone seems to think it looks good.

How I envy you - I pay out a ton of money on string straight hair just to have curls!

Pull your hair up into a pony tail sitting on top of your head (like a make shift UP DO) and just let the curls hang as they want too - YOU LUCKY GIRL!

Thanks for sharing...

Products. products, products! That is all I can say. Frizz Ease is good but if you go to a discount beauty supply store like Sally's and tell them exactly what you want (how you want your hair to look and how long you want to spend styling it and how often you wash it), they will help you find the right product and tell you how to use them. Products are the key to every hair problem short of needing a hair cut!

Not naturally curly - just frizzy! Not even uniformly anything! Some strands are straight, most are wavy, some curly, and it all frizzes with the weather.

Sounds like if you had the right cut and products, you might have nice curly hair. I'll second what someone said earlier about products. They make all the difference in the world!

check out this website...this woman TRULY understands this type of hair. Products may be a bit expensive BUT HEAR ME! WELL WORTH IT!

You might find these products on ebay.

Be sure to click on the hair analysis...it will tell you what products you need.

http://www.ouidad.com/default.asp

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·' ¤ Paula

I'm right up there w/ you! Here is an idea..check the aisle on products for black people. Use very little at first to find the right amount for you.

I've heard of using a dryer sheet(fabric soften ones) and smoothing it along your hair.

Or when drying your hair use an old t-shirt or anything that is soft.

I control my frizzy hair by using certain products and also have invested in a Jibere de Paris straightening tool which is not as expensive as the Chi brand tool that is always being touted.

First, Umberto Giannini Sleek and Chic Straightening Shampoo and Condition does a darned good job of heading off problems. This is available via Rite Aid and you can order it on line.

Secondly I do use Chi Iron Guard spray while straightening my hair to keep it from being "fried".

Lastly, a teardrop's worth of Pureology SHINEMAX works wonders on taming any frizzies that develope, or if I don't have time to do a thorough ironing job. This product is expensive, but a little goes a long way and it has a delicious scent.

Good luck!

products

I like suave professionals anti fizz cream,also the anti frizz cream from sunsilk

then wrap hair in an old soft t-shirt for 5-10 minutes

than either scrunch, or comb with large tooth comb

I use different products depending on the weather

I've been wearing it with a bun on top and bangs, but that's becoming boring.

I like to use suave professional anything but you know what helps me not to have frizzy hair I used just the right amount of conditioner that is enough for my hair I use about a palm full for my hair when it gets longer the more i use then when time to dry my hair i just a round cermanic brush with nylon bristles until all my hair is dry with that round brush my round cermanic brush is from Conair and what is also good to have a good paddle brush with nylon or other kind of bristles but never plastic paddle brushes. and always used a wide tooth comb when you hair is wet to help to get any of the tangles out if in and before you would dry your hair let your hair stay in a towel or what ever you used for about 10 to 30 minutes depending how thick or thin your hair is. when you used the paddle brush, brush your hair about 50 to 100 strokes and you might see a difference in your hair see the paddle brush helps your natural hair oils to make your hair shiny and rizziless I know it works for me i hope this helps you. I have thick, wavly and slightly curly hair my is all about frizz

I am in the same boat as you. I have thick naturally curly/wavy hair and I try to do/use different things on different days. On days I want to control/tame my hair but keep curly I use Garnier Fructis Leave In Conditioning Cream (curl and shine) with a dab of Garnier Fructis brilliantine shine cream gel. I love both of these products because they give me great curl definition along with great shine.

On days that I want to flat iron my hair I use Pantene products. I use a leave in combing creme that makes my hair straight.

For washing and conditioning (for moisture) I start with a moisturizing shampoo (Nexxus Humectress or Suaves Brand like Humectress, or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration then I condition with Pantenes Pro V deep fortifying condition. Once out of the shower

I put on Loreal's glosser (smooth intense anti frizz serum)

then After washing, conditioning and glossing I decide which way I'm going to wear my hair. If straight, then I use the sbove products for keeping it straight, if curly vice versa.

Also Aussie Mousse plus leave in conditioner is very nice to use if all of the above cause your hair to be to weighed down. But I always always use a glosser along with a hydrating (or moisturizing) shampoo and conditioner.

Another awesome product you can try is the new Frederic Fekkai Fabulous Hair coming to Bath and Body works July 9th. I just got a free sample last night and was amazed by how great and shiny my hair felt right after trying it! Go and get the free sample from them and enjoy.

Also for great styles, use clips, headbands and bobby pins for nice updo's.

Hoped this helped;)

Use some frizz-eaze frizz control, can buy at grocery stores, also maybe some garnier fructis style smoothing milk. If you want to put your hair up to make it look good I love doing pomps, when you take your bangs(if no bangs just use your hair) take it above your head twist the end and clip or bobby pin it to the top of your head, push it up a little if it looks good that way, also if you like, when you bring the hair up try moving it to either side for a side pomp effect. then out hair in ponytail, or low side ponytail, another idea for an up do is take one of those headbands that are like a circle(can buy at grocery stores, target, drug stores) put around your neck then slip onto your head, use bobby pins or clips to cip it on then do the same. Ill put some pictures on

I can relate to this topic! I have frizzy hair also. NOT curly, frizzy. It looks overprocessed and unhealthy but it's just plain frizzy.

I FINALLY invested in anti frizz serums and leave in conditioners and a ceramic flat iron. I got a great cut and the stylist showed me step by step how to dry and style my hair. I'm so thankful she took the time. We always want that "just from the salon" look and I get that everyday now.

It takes a little more time to style my hair BUT because it's so dry I don't need to wash it everyday, actually the second day always looks best!

GOOD LUCK!

I have frizzy, thick hair, so when I shampoo it, I only use a little bit, then I condition with a little more than a quarter size of humectress suave conditioner. After my shower I use a little fructice conditioning-system leave-in-conditioner. I also put a little leave-in-conditioner, drop of olive oil, and some water in a spray bottle, and spray it on my hair every day, then put my hair in a ponytail. It sort of works. Hope this helps

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Frizzy HairJune 11, 2007
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄