Emergency Remedies for a Forgotten Birthday Gift

Never be caught off guard by a forgotten birthday again! Elegantly wrap a little tin of mints, a tiny picture frame, a fancy pen, or a deck of playing cards; then keep it in your purse, glove box, or desk drawer. Some greeting card companies even make palm-sized cards and envelopes that you can tuck into your wallet for emergency situations!

Also keep a box of birthday candles handy. It's easy to buy a vending-machine cupcake, but the candle makes it look like you thought about it.

WARNING: Overuse of these tricks can make it look as though you don't really care.

The whole point is to remind the people in your life how much you think about them. Be sure to write special days down and plan adequately!

By Debbie from Dundee, MI

i stock up on christmas gifts marked down after the holidays so i'm never caught off gurad when something unexpected pops up

I use a similar idea, but for children. I work with preschool children at our church. I keep a gift for a child (appropriate for either gender) in a gift bag tucked away in my supply cabinet. I remember the birthdays of my usual attendees, but I keep the gift just in case I have a visitor with a birthday, or if one of the other workers in a different age bracket has forgotten a child's birthday or has a visitor with a birthday. It has helped on a few occasions!

I also keep candles, a lighter, birthday plates and napkins, tablecloth and anything else needed for an impromptu birthday party. My favorite addition to this has been a can of spray frosting... that way almost any sweet snack can be made instantly into a birthday treat (doughnuts, rice crispy squares, even graham crackers). Although I have never needed the icing for this, it was once the perfect thing for adding a child's name to a birthday cake in another part of the church. I just told the leader to wait a moment and came back with my can of frosting to write in the name!

Birthday Present with Glitter
Last Minute Birthday Present Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayJanuary 24, 2006
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
Prepare your home for an emergency.
Preparing For Emergency Situations
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Dog looking sad.
Emergency Preparedness Tips for Pet Owners
🎉
🎄