Making a Fabric Shoe Organizer

Make a fabric shoe organizer to coordinate with your decor. This is a guide about making a fabric shoe holder.

November 7, 2008 Flag

When I was little, an elderly neighbor lady sewed a shoe holder for my brother and I. It was a large rectangle of fabric with pockets sewn on for the shoes, it hung on a door. Would anyone have directions or a pattern to share? I would like to make one for my boys. Thanks.

Julie from Federal Dam, MN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Hi Julie,

At, there is a pattern for a hold-all, not particularly for shoes, but you could probably adapt it. It is on page 10.

The patterns are free. Good luck.

This is what I think of when I think of shoe organizers. You might have to adapt to the shoe size you want to fit in the pockets:

This page has a lot of links to different pocket organizers:

And this might be the one downunderchic mentioned below:

Found this website that may be of interest: ... /sew-it-yourself-shoe-organizer.html

Crafts Sewing PatternsMay 12, 2014
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Sofa Organizer
Making a Sofa Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer
Homemade Jewelry Organizer