Easy Emergency Meatloaf

My son's friends popped in yesterday and I hadn't planned on feeding 2 extra so I threw this together. It was WONDERFUL and everyone asked if I could use this recipe every time I make meatloaf now. Next time I think I'll throw in a can of mushrooms and maybe use mushroom soup. Imagine the variations!

Note: Do not use this recipe unless you have a meat thermometer!

Ingredients

• 2 lb frozen meatloaf
  • 1 packet onion soup mix
  • 1 can cream of onion soup, undiluted

Directions

Put meat in casserole dish. Sprinkle with dry onion soup mix, them spoon over the can of undiluted soup. Fill can with water and pour around meat. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 2 hours. Check internal temp with meat thermometer. When it reaches 180 degrees F, remove from oven and let it rest for a few minutes while you make mashed potatoes and your veggiie and you're done! Gravy is fabulous too!

Source: Off the top of my head!

By Beth from Danville, Ohio

Not sure what you mean by "frozen meatloaf". I assume this is a meatloaf that you made and baked previously which contains ground beef, egg, seasoned breadcrumbs, onions and some seasoning. You didn't just bake a 2lb. slab of ground beef, did you? I've never seen cream of onion soup. Who makes it?

Can you please clarify what you mean by "Frozen MeatLoaf"??? The recipe sounds good but confused about the frozen meatloaf because you don't mention any seasoning eggs bread crumb mixture etc??? for any type seasoning?? I also never heard of cream of onion soup? I have only saw cream of chicken or mushroom. Is it made by campbells too? Please give additiuonal info? I would like to try this. thanks

Campbells makes the cream of onion soup. I found it at my local walmart supercenter. I am wondering if the person meant frozen meatloaf like the kind you get in the freezer section at the store made by stouffers possibly?

Wow does that sound good! I will try that soon. I live a couple of miles north of Mount Vernon. We're neighbors! Email me if you would like to at jonminard AT embarqmail.com

Food and Recipes Recipes MeatloafFebruary 15, 2009
Emergency Reflector
Make Your Own Emergency Reflectors
Meatloaf
Stretching Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf
Mexican Meatloaf Recipes
Gluten Free Meatloaf
Gluten Free Meatloaf Recipes
🎄
🍂