My Frugal Life: A Frugal Mindset

Being frugal is definitely a mindset whether it is a decision made by economic necessity or concern for planet Earth and its inhabitants. My Frugal LifeMy frugality is a bit of both.

Being divorced and disabled with a part time job left me with minimal income and two mouths besides my own to feed. Not to mention to pets we have that deserve decent care. So for 2010, I made a decision that if I am not making money any particular day, I will be finding ways to save $$$. Looking for ways to make my own kitty litter is how I stumbled across ThrifyFun.com.

Not only have I gained so much information of money saving measures, I have also discovered ways to work smarter and faster. I subscribe to the email newsletters and find them a great resource for new ideas. This year we started a tradition of having Banana Splits on Valentines Day, thanks to another member.

We are all in this together so being able to give advice/feedback to someone in need is a small, but very positive way of making the world a better place.

Thanks Thrifty Fun and thank you to all who post here.

Ann from Saint Peters, MO

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

I am so happy to have found thrifty fun. Actually I didn't find it all by myself. A person on my online scrabble site told me. I have, in turn, told many others. I tell people it's like interactive Hints From Heloise. We don't subscribe to the newspaper any more but get our news from other sources and I'm happy to have you folks here to help me with my chores and money.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeMarch 17, 2010
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Red Hatter
Red Hat Society Club Ideas
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 11:02:04 AM on 10.0.2.243 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.