Halloween Candy Box

Painted wooden box to put your Halloween candy in.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

• acrylic paints colors
  • black
  • white
  • silver
  • copper
  • yellow
  • purple
  • Halloween foam stamps
  • wooden box
  • foam brush
  • water
  • tiny screwdriver
  • paintbrush

Instructions:

1. Use screwdriver to remove screws from hinges. Not a necessary step but makes it so much easier to paint if you do this, then you don't have to worry about keeping paint off of them.
  2. Of course you can choose your own colors, and stamps. I painted the box black, using a brush, and let it dry, I didn't paint inside because I am putting candy inside and don't want it on the painted box.
  3. I dipped my foam brush into the water and squeezed all the water out. I dipped it into the paint and then used to put the paint onto my foam stamps and then put them onto the box how i wanted it.
  4. Clean the foam brush in between colors. When I have everything on there like I liked it I then painted it with mod podge to seal it.
  5. Make sure you clean your foam stamps with a little soap and water and let them dry thoroughly.
  6. Add Halloween candy and makes a sweet gift for someone.

The stamps I actually won, but they were only 99 cents, the box was $1.99 at Hobby Lobby and had the paints so this was a very reasonably priced craft. I was able to make three for only 6 bucks.

By micksgirl from Paducah, KY

Brown paper bag kit with fun glasses.
Halloween Gift Ideas
Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 16, 2009
boy praying
Making a Prayer Box
Mini Pumpkin Candy Bouquet
Making a Mini Pumpkin Candy Bouquet
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:51:42 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.