Repainting Outdoor Furniture

contest winner icon

I decided to repaint my outdoor furniture this summer! They were a charcoal grey originally. I decided to go black, making matching new chair covers easier. Everything goes with black! So I went to Walmart. I used a 1/2" brush. In between the seat straps, I used a kid's paint brush. Those vary in size. It applied nicely. I used Walmart's ColorPlace exterior paint in satin black. This paint can be used on all kinds of surfaces. They mixed the satin color black in their paint dept.

The best part was the price! I paid only $6.44 + tax for a quart. I painted my table and six chairs. I still have more than half the quart left for touch up! The test will be to see this winter how it wears through our foggy winters.

Jennifer, CA

Walmart's ColorPlace Exterior Paint in satin black.

Good job!! Loved the way you gave us step by step with the pics. The furniture looks brand new.

Looks great! It's given the set a new lease of life. Good job.

Congratulations! Great job, too. I only wish that I could patiently sand the miles of surface on all my heavy plastic oxidized patio furniture and repaint it.

My daughter tried to do it by hand but every stroke showed up, and it would cost WAY too much for spray paint to do it all. I'll just wait patiently until God thinks it's time to provide ANOTHER curbside

treasure, since He's the great Provider and KNOWS

exactly what we NEED, and always provides MORE

than enough....the God of MoreThanEnough is He.

Keep up the good work! God bless you.

CAn you use this on the plastic outdoor furniture also. thanks

Walmart's Color Place exterior paint recommends for: exterior surfaces of wood, hardboard,vinyl, brick,masonry and metal. My chairs and table are metal. I would check with Walmart to make sure your plastic fits the vinyl category. Do not use on any horizonal surface with foot or vehicle traffic. Happy painting!

Jennifer CA

I had an outdoor wicker chair and wanted to paint it. I read carefully the cans of Wal Mart paint and none of them specifically covered wicker. I ended up buying spray paint but I got just two cans of white. Washed it with the hose first and it dried pretty fast if I remember. It looked real nice and new!

I find this interesting. I bought a set with factory powder coated finish and am afraid to mess with it. I've been told it will never be the same again for endurance. Is this true?

Wooden Garden Furniture
Maintaining Garden Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingSeptember 13, 2006
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Squirrel Outside
Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Outdoor wicker style chairs with fabric covered seat cushions.
Recovering Outdoor Furniture Cushions