Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Egg Deer Repellant Recipe

Deer don't like eggs, by using this recipe you will be able to deter deer away from your garden. This guide has recipes for egg deer repellants.

May 11, 2011 Flag

I've tried everything I've ever heard of to keep deer away from my plants. I finally found the only solution. Here's the recipe:

Whip up a raw egg and a cup of water in the blender. Pour that into a pistol grip one-quart spray bottle. Fill to the top with water, adding 1 tsp. dish soap. Set in the hot sun till putrified (about 3 days), and give a little squirt to those plants they love to eat. It doesn't take much either, just a small squirt. They absolutely hate it. But you must reapply after a rain. However, you will see your plants grow to fruition.

Source: I read some of the ingredients on a $17 bottle of deterrent at a hardware store and recognized albumen as referring to egg,so I invented my own $.10 version. The soap helps it stick to the plants.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I use a quart water, one egg yoke, one tablespoon of hot pepper flakes, one tablespoon baking powder, two cloves chopped garlic. Blend with wire wisk. Allow to sit overnight. Strain and spray on and around plants. Deters deer, groundhogs and rabbits. This really works.

October 28, 2009 Flag

If you are troubled by deer or rabbits eating plants in your garden, try my foolproof remedy. After a lot of experimenting, I came up with this easy and inexpensive spray.

Whisk one egg with 1 cup water; pour into a 1 quart pistol grip spray bottle. Add 1 tsp dish soap. Fill rest with water. Set outside in the sun for about 3 days, until it's putrefied. One little squirt does the job. You do not have to over saturate.

I mix up 2 bottles at a time so I always have one in reserve. You must reapply after a rain. Say 'goodbye' to the garden invaders! A lot of friends have tried this and can attest to its effectiveness.

Source: my own recipe

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I wonder if this is the same as using a pinch of garden sulfur powder in water [rotten egg gas smell], dog owners sometimes feed sulfur powder to their dogs for shinny coats. phuuw

Blend 1 egg and 1 cup water. Pour into a quart pistol grip spray bottle. Fill to top with water, adding 1 tsp. dish soap. Set in sun for a few days until putrified. Spray plants that the animals love to eat. Respray after a rain. It is foolproof. I've been using it for years and found that it is the ONLY thing that works.

Deer don't like eggs! This recipe is easy to make and fairly inexpensive, it calls for 18 eggs. You can also make small batches.

In These Guides
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden, Doe in Suburban Garden
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden
Deer in a garden
Homemade Deer Repellents
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlFebruary 26, 2017
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
A deer in the backyard.
Use Soap Pieces for Deer Control
An alert deer.
Using Scent Fences for Repelling Deer and Rabbits
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 8:47:06 PM on 10.0.0.154 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.