Egg Deer Repellant Recipe

Category Pest Control
A deer eating some leaves off a branch.
Deer don't like eggs, by using this recipe you will be able to deter deer away from your garden. This guide has recipes for egg deer repellants.

I've tried everything I've ever heard of to keep deer away from my plants. I finally found the only solution. Here's the recipe:

Whip up a raw egg and a cup of water in the blender. Pour that into a pistol grip one-quart spray bottle. Fill to the top with water, adding 1 tsp. dish soap. Set in the hot sun till putrified (about 3 days), and give a little squirt to those plants they love to eat. It doesn't take much either, just a small squirt. They absolutely hate it. But you must reapply after a rain. However, you will see your plants grow to fruition.

Source: I read some of the ingredients on a $17 bottle of deterrent at a hardware store and recognized albumen as referring to egg,so I invented my own $.10 version. The soap helps it stick to the plants.

By Anne from Green Bay, WI

Top Comment

I use a quart water, one egg yoke, one tablespoon of hot pepper flakes, one tablespoon baking powder, two cloves chopped garlic. Blend with wire wisk. Allow to sit overnight. Strain and spray on and around plants. Deters deer, groundhogs and rabbits. This really works.

If you are troubled by deer or rabbits eating plants in your garden, try my foolproof remedy. After a lot of experimenting, I came up with this easy and inexpensive spray.

Whisk one egg with 1 cup water; pour into a 1 quart pistol grip spray bottle. Add 1 tsp dish soap. Fill rest with water. Set outside in the sun for about 3 days, until it's putrefied. One little squirt does the job. You do not have to over saturate.

I mix up 2 bottles at a time so I always have one in reserve. You must reapply after a rain. Say 'goodbye' to the garden invaders! A lot of friends have tried this and can attest to its effectiveness.

Source: my own recipe

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

Blend 1 egg and 1 cup water. Pour into a quart pistol grip spray bottle. Fill to top with water, adding 1 tsp. dish soap. Set in sun for a few days until putrified. Spray plants that the animals love to eat. Respray after a rain. It is foolproof. I've been using it for years and found that it is the ONLY thing that works.

Deer don't like eggs! This recipe is easy to make and fairly inexpensive, it calls for 18 eggs. You can also make small batches.

Directions:

Beat eggs using an electric mixer or large whisk. Then put eggs into a large bucket. Add water to eggs slowly as you stir with a large stir stick. Mix thoroughly and then strain liquid.

Spray solution on places that you want to discourage deer from eating plants. Reapply this solution after heavy rains. The drawback is that this solution will start to smell on your plants, especially in hot weather. You will want to clean our your sprayer throroughly. When the egg solution dries it may gum up your sprayer.