Egg Deer Repellant

Deer don't like eggs! This recipe is easy to make and fairly inexpensive, it calls for 18 eggs. You can also make small batches.

• 18 eggs
  • 5 gallons water

Directions:

Beat eggs using an electric mixer or large whisk. Then put eggs into a large bucket. Add water to eggs slowly as you stir with a large stir stick. Mix thoroughly and then strain liquid.

Spray solution on places that you want to discourage deer from eating plants. Reapply this solution after heavy rains. The drawback is that this solution will start to smell on your plants, especially in hot weather. You will want to clean our your sprayer throroughly. When the egg solution dries it may gum up your sprayer.

I have used a similar solution for years. (We have 30-40 deer every night feeding on the field next to us and some adventuresome deer always manage to sneak in under the dog's nose.) Fill a 4 litre milk jug almost to the top with water. Take one egg. Whisk or beat the egg really well, DO NOT STRAIN. Pour into milk jug and close lid. Shake back and forth to mix. Now, pour some into a small squirt bottle and as you are walking around your acreage or yard mist the plants you do not want the deer to eat. You do not have to POUR the solution on your plants, a little mist goes a long way. Rain will wash it off. I reapply after EVERY rain or dew and otherwise about once a week, if no rain. I have NEVER noticed a smell of rotten eggs on my plants in hot weather. The mixture will smell if left unused for a few days and you will smell the solution as you are misting with old solution, but it goes away as it dries..... my garden does not smell in hot weather. The protein smell deters the deer. You can spray your plants with fresh or days-old mixture, both work. My spray bottle has been used for about 4 years and has NEVER "gummed up". Better solution... permanent solution...an eight foot fence or deer hunting season.

Thank you so much for this help with the thoughtful explanation, that was easy and understandable. Gratefully yours,

Angelika Westerhoff

How long will the mixture last? If I make a big batch for my mother, will it last in a sealed container for a year?

Deer in a garden
Homemade Deer Repellents
Home and Garden Pest Control DeerMay 2, 2004
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
🎉
🎄