- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple ( keep the juice for this recipe)
- 1 box of lemon jello and 1 box of orange jello
- 2 cups hot water and 1 1/4 cups of cold water
- bag of mini marshmellows
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. of cornstarch
- 1 envelope of dream whip (don't use the cool whip in the tub, it will not work)
- 8 oz. of cream cheese (softened)
- cheddar cheese, grated fine for topping
Drain pineapple and reserve juice. In a long cake pan mix jellos with the hot water and cold water, add the pineapple and marshmallows, chill til firm. put pineapple juice, egg, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. of cornstarch in a saucepan over med. heat, mix with a whisk and cook til thickened like pudding. Let cool then spread on top of jello layer, and chill. Make the dreamwhip like it says on the box then add the cream cheese and beat til smooth. spread on the chilled jello layer. sprinkle finely grated cheddar cheese on top. Chill and serve.
Source: My aunt Saundra used to make this when we would all get together.
By Melissa from Moncure, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 12:13:09 PM on 10.0.0.222 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us