Candles in glass jars give much better light when power goes out and are safer to use. Buy on sale and keep in designated place, so you are not searching in an emergency.
By Mary from Bloomington, IL
PLEASE BE SO VERY, VERY CAREFUL when using any candle in your house. The rectory of our Catholic Church was burned beyond recognition. Our priest just escaped within minutes of his life and the fire was caused by a burning candle that ignited the entire living room in a blaze. The fire spread so quickly that the rectory is totally destroyed and will have to be rebuilt. The parish lost all of their office equipment because the office was in the rectory.
PS My DH and I started thinking very seriously about our own home safety since the rectory fire. We just donated two antique oil burning lamps to the Salvation Army Thrift Store today. We don't want to take a chance and gamble with our lives.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!