Slugs Indoors

How do I get rid of slugs indoors?

Keith

I had the same problem with slugs in my den. I sprinkled slug killer on the ground outside the den, right up against the foundation. No more slugs. Of course, you have to repeat this from time to time.

YUCK!

Don't know much about slugs except I HATE anything slimy!

HOME REMEDY #1: SALT dries them out since they have no protective outer coat.

#2: I 'melted' one outside my kitchen door with vinegar once. It took 2-3 doses & I should'a used salt but didn't know about it at the time.

To KEEP them away, you should probably research the web to see what others have done, or get some slug killer like previous poster said.

Get them drunk: pour beer (cheap stuff is fine!) into a disposable pie tin or bowl. They are attracted to the beer and fall in and drown. It's a good thing they don't drive!

Are we talking one, or armies of them? If it's one, I'd pick it up in a tissue and flush him down the potty, saying "Bad slug, you should know better, the water will carry you back outside." If it's armies, then first find out how they get in! carried in on firewood? poor seal at base of door?

Dilute 1 lb salt in 2 gallons of water. Spray under your house and/or spray exterior foundation, depending on which way they are getting in. Slugs like moisture and can't stand salt but it also kills grass and brushes. Dry out the under side of the house then put plastic down to reduce the moisture coming up from the ground.

If you get out of bed early am you will see them. I had same problem, after removing about 3 they did not return for about 8months

I cannot figure out how they are getting in but they are crawling around in the middle of my house. I have a dog, I am afraid to put anything down that may hurt her. Lucky, I have seen them first otherwise I would have to deal with her munching on them. I couldn't believe I came on google and actually found others with slug in the house. I thought maybe they might be coming up through the toilet, but there are no trails in there. I can't bear stepping on anymore of them. ughh! Any good ideas welcome.

Home and Garden Pest Control Slugs and SnailsOctober 25, 2007
palm near window
Growing Palms Indoors
Slug eating a leaf.
Keeping Slugs Out of Your Garden
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Keeping Slugs Off Hostas
Slug on a Leaf
Getting Rid of Slugs
🎉
🎄