Give To Others This Christmas

If you possibly can, PLEASE pick a name from church or store, or anywhere that you can, to buy for a complete stranger for Christmas. We have a "Share a Christmas" gift at our church, and it may be someone from there or someone that a member thought might need a little help. We have a limit of $30, and I find that almost always I can find that amount from my budget. This year our person is an elderly gentleman who just wants a white shirt for church and a pair of pajamas. How wonderful that we can provide a little bit of help to someone. This is one of our favorite things to do for Christmas. I'm sure that someday pretty soon, someone will be bringing us a gift from our "Secret Santa" too.

By Margie Minard from Mount Vernon, Ohio

I went to my local Walmart to search for the usual angel tree to give a gift to someone needy. Couldn't find it and an asociate pointed me to the eye center. It was there and this year it was asking for donations for eye exams or glasses for needy kids. I bought an eye exam for a 5 year old girl. Most of the glasses requests were over 100.00. The beauty of it was anyone can donate whatever they can towards an exam or glasses and others can donate to the same child until the total amount is met to provide the service. The gift of clear vision is priceless!

I agree.......I too think if you can it's a nice thing to do for someone who may not have a X=mas.I saw in our neighborhood newspaper a family in need.I'm getting the little girl items for her mouse she has.I also am making up a small gift basket with fruit, candy, home-made goodies and a candle.Just to let them know someone does care.When you do this you are planting a seed of god's love and you will be rewarded.

Excellent advice. This year my family will be pooling our resources to adopt a needy family for Christmas instead of buying gifts for each other. As my son put it "My boys don't need another transformer!"

Box of Christmas donations.
Helping Others at Christmas
Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesDecember 8, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
A child putting coins in a donation bucket.
Teaching Kids About Holiday Giving
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree