I found great instructions at www.MyHappyEarth.Wordpress.com Easy to follow instructions and great step by step photos.
Rachel I have been looking and reading for the directions. Yours are so simply said thanks. I do have a question why is my thread always getting caught. it makes the pouches garbage. I have to clear the bobbin area all the time. I have read the instructions carefully to thread it propely. Also how do I get them flat. This is my first bag. Thanks very much
I just saw that
has candy wrapper templates i think it was on another post earlier?
hi i make capri sun purses and sell them all the time. i am coming up with a website, but here's the instructions anyways..
what you need: 8 pouches(makes a reg. size purse)
sewing machine(much faster than hand-sewing!!!)
optional: cute ribbon for strap or eyelash yarn for trimming
1. wash out all the pouches by cutting slits in the very bottom of the pouch without separating the front from the back.
2. line 2 pouches upoverlapping only about three fourths of an inch and sew them together. this is the front, and do the same for the back.
3. cut one of the pouches down to about three fourths of its regular size(you can do this easily by folding one of the corrners evenly and cutting) and sew together with another pouch(DO NOT cut this one! leave it whole!) this is your bottom piece.
4. sew one pouch on each side of your bottom pieces(these are the side pieces)
5. sew the front and the back on to the bottom and sides piece until you get what looks like a rectangular box(with no top or lid!) made ofcapri suns.
6. attach your ribbon to the top sides of the purse. if you do not have a ribbon, you can make your own strap by cutting one of the pouches unto thirds, and sewing them together creating a strap that is about 12 inches long, if you want it longer, simply add more.
I do have a the instructions for making a candy wrapper checkbook cover on my website. I also have other patterns like one for a free koolaid coin purse plus a kool-aid purse pattern. I hope to have the magazine purse instructions available soon. Keep checking!
I am a researcher and saw your post. I found a site I think would be helpful for you....Good luck with your project...
http://www.bernina.com.au/__data/pa ... es_-_Juice_Bag_Tote_-_January_04.pdf
there is a group that has a lot of information on caprisun purses it's
If you just type caprisun purses, it should take you there.
Hope this helps.
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.