Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

My wedding theme is the perfect pair "pear" wedding. I am trying to get cheap ideas for wedding decoration for the tables and the hall all together. Does anybody have any decorating ideas?

By Camilee

We did this at my daughter's wedding reception. We used different size frames and put pictures of the bride and groom as they were babies and growing up. I thought it personalized things. We just put ivy and clear lights on the tables with them. Don't think this goes with your "pair" idea. It was definitely unique!

If you get some paper napkins with a pear design then use this to make some stencils of different sizes you can carry on your theme onto the tablecloths (put heavy paper ones over the linen) stencils these. Paint tea light holders which are very cheap from IKEA with pairs of pears and use the lovely idea above about the Ivy which in the language of flowers is very romantic and symbolic to decorate the table centres.

If "perfect pair" is the theme I would use prints of other perfect pairs such as dance partners like fred astair and ginger rogers. You could tape cut outs of shoe prints leading to each "perfect pair" photos, you could follow this around the room and finish it with your own photos:)

If "perfect pear" is the theme, find some baskets and fill with pears for the guests to munch on. You could add some pretty wedding themed ribbons and some mylar filler. Or you could do several different pear desserts and have a different one at each table. Good luck.

Camilee: Whether you use "pair" or "pear". You can do all sorts of wonderful things. I like the pear theme using the soft colors of pears which could be piled in the silver or gold "Revere" style bowls (you can buy them made of plastic) in the center of the tables or golden fruit baskets. Filler in the bottom of containers can keep the sumptuous look. One wedding I worked used the fruit bowl centerpieces and then gave people small baskets to take home some of the pieces, another donated the extra fruit to a homeless shelter. I am also attaching a website that shows "perfect pair" place cards that look delightful and attach to the glasses. Have fun. You can do it without spending a fortune. Check out this site it is loaded with great stuff and ideas that are very creative. It also depends on the time of year/and place you are getting married. http://www.save-on-crafts.com/es.html

Have you found what you needed? I just ran across this site, trust link works.

http://www.weddingfavorsilove.com/The-Perfect-Pair-Theme-Wedding-s/11.htm

June 10, 2010 Flag

I am having a hard time deciding what to do about chairs for my reception. How or what do I use to decorate them? I would want a different wedding. Any ideas as to what would make it different?

I'm stressing out because my wedding is going be in a green farm field with hay stacks and grass and wheat, but I also want all kinds of tulips and roses. Is that wrong or what?

By weddinggurl2010 from GA/WV/IA

Answers:

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

Honey who cares what you want as decorations for your wedding. It is you and hubby's special day. If you want to; drape the chairs with some sort of fabric and ribbon and tie your either real or dried tulips or roses to the chairs. You could go with some kind of fabric that has both. (09/17/2009)

By dietvanilla

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

Your idea seems reasonable to me, even though tulips may be a little out of season if you want fresh. Silk tulips are gorgeous, though.
One thing that made my daughter's August 22 2009 wedding unique was this: On each table, they placed bowls filled with scrolls tied with small ribbons. On each scroll was printed an origami pattern and directions. Creating their own origami kept the guests entertained, and the ones who wanted to take their creations home, had a completely unique wedding favor. (09/17/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

Ask friends if they have fabric or buy cheap organza
drape it into a bow on chair backs or colourful paper. (09/24/2009)

By Dorty

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

Chair covers are a great idea with a bow wrapped around them. Also, just a little thing I picked up from another site, fussywedding.co.uk. If you have flowers as center pieces on the table, if you use a colorant to color the water they sit in, you can color coordinate the water to your wedding theme. Just an idea! They also have some fabulous other ideas that may help. (10/06/2009)

By lianneEM

September 15, 2009 Flag

My daughter is getting married on July 4. Her reception is on the balcony of a restaurant overlooking the Gulf. The table chairs are wrought iron. Do you have any ideas for decorating for the reception?

Sally from Mobile, AL

Answers:

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

I'm wondering how you're going to deal with the windy conditions outside. Tablecloths will need to be clipped in place, weights for light items. (03/20/2009)

By kimhis

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

Since it's the 4th of July I would suggest red, white and blue theme, or beach theme for the gulf scenery. It depends on the wedding colors also. My son's wedding last May was beach themed and we bought colored plates at a $1 store, and some tables, got one with colored sand or colored coarse salt on it to look like sand with a pillar candle in the middle and shells around it. Some tables got round glass bowls with blue water and shells with seashell floating candles, or flowered ones with flowers floating also.

We also had fishing nets cut to lay across the table a little and sand dollars at each place setting with a card telling about sand dollars. We had salt water taffy as a favor in little boxes my sister made with her cricket but, little bags work well too. Hope this helps some. (03/22/2009)

By dbleoangel

Wedding Reception Decoration Ideas

A nice looking centerpiece can be made with glass globe-type bowls, putting sand or glass "rocks" in the bottom and adding a votive candle (either inside a glass votive holder or not). The bowls and votives can be purchased at a craft store or dollar store. (04/14/2009)

By reality53102

Wedding Reception
Decorating a Wedding Reception
Weddings DecorationsJune 10, 2010
A barn decorated for a wedding reception.
Decorating a Barn for a Wedding Reception
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
🎉
🎄