Turkey Napkin Rings
A cute little turkey idea you and your kids can make together to add a little fun to your Thanksgiving table.
Approximate Time: 45 minutes
- cardboard tube
- brown paint and paint brush
- crepe paper streamer in red, orange, and green
- orange and yellow construction paper or card stock
- wiggle/google eye
- Cut a 1 - 1 1/2 inch piece of cardboard. Paint it brown and set it aside to dry. This will be the body of your turkey and also the part that holds the napkin.
- Cut a half circle from cardboard, then cut a smaller half circle from the bottom of it so it will fit over the cardboard tube.
- Cut 6 to 8 inch pieces of streamer from all colors. Twist these together in the middle. Then, starting at the inside half circle of your cardboard piece, glue the twisted section over the cardboard so the untwisted parts of the streamer will fan out at the top and create a turkey tail. Continue until you cover the cardboard.
- Color reference the photo for drawing and cutting out the turkey head, beak, and feet.
- Fold the bottom of the turkey neck backwards and glue this little tab inside the cardboard tube to attach the head.
- Glue the feet to the underside of the cardboard tube.
- Use glue to attach the tail over the back of the cardboard tube section.
- Glue a wiggle/google eye onto your turkey's head.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
November 4, 20090 found this helpful
That is so darn cute! You could use an empty TP roll cut in half widthwise for the body too!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 6, 2016 at 1:14:31 PM on 10.0.1.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us