How Do I Iron a Crease in Dress Pants?

What is the best way to iron a crease in a pair of dress pants? I was told to use a wet handkerchief and press down hard on the crease while ironing. I'm not sure about this, but do you think if I bought a can of spray starch that would help? I have about 8 pairs of dress pants I have to iron. Or do you have any other suggestions?

By Onesummer

How did the crease get out of the pants. I used to make my own clothes and when it came to putting a crease in the pants I lined up the seams and used a press cloth(the went hankie) would work too, then pressed with an iron set to the proper setting for the fabric. It vaguely seems like I used some vinegar, but it was so long ago that I can't remember. My husband was in law enforcement and I also ironed his uniforms by the above method. This included the pants and putting the military creases in the shirts.

My dear, if you can possibly afford it take them to the dry cleaner and let them do it. Also, they are his pants, why are you doing them? Does he do yours?

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 27, 2011
Pants with a permanent crease.
Adding a Permanent Crease to Pants
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 8:01:07 PM on 10.0.1.223 in 990 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.