Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday

I want to make a thank you speech for my mom's 80th birthday. Can you give me sample of wordings I could use?

By digz

By Gloria Hayes [18]06/18/2010

Mention some of the mothers in the Bible, and how they sacrificed and loved their children(the story about king Solomon and the mothers,Moses' mother and the little boat,etc) then commend her love and giving and sacrificing to theirs'.
Mention how a loving mother can teach generations to do the same; that is her legacy. Men can build and plan and carve monuments which will all crumble with time, but a mother's legacy will endure forever, generation after generation.
Finish with mentioning the love she has taught you,which will never die, especially the love you have for her.
And congratulations on having your mother for so many years. Mine died when i was 18, and I would have been so very honored to be able to make the speech you will!

By Rita Murray [1]06/17/2010

For my mothers 80 I told of some of the things she did in her past, what she did for us and what she taught me. I finished off by just saying "Thanks Mom". Hope this helps.