Keeping Track of Rows with Different Patterns

When knitting or crocheting a pattern that has different instructions for each row I copied the pattern and cut out each row and put 1 row on a 3X5 blank index card and put it into the binder that comes with index cards. (I bought mine at Wal-Mart). The binder has 2 rings and comes with some of the cards. I put the cut out name on the top card, materials on the next using 1 card for each different section (gauge, etc.) then I start with putting the rows individually on a card. ONLY one side of a card. After the pattern rows are on the cards; I take a large paper clip and put it on the row that I am currently working on. That way if I lose my place I can find where I was. This is an efficient way of doing a particularly difficult or easy project.

By Sheila S from Leominster, MA

When I'm knitting I use a small notepad (or page) and write in a column down the left of the page the appropriate numbers for rows (i.e. for 12 rows I'd write numbers 1 through 12 down the left side of the page, then as I knit I use a pen and tick beside each number, I've never lost my place and I've been doing this for more than 20 years.

Good idea! I just use a sticky note placed under the row I'm working on to keep track of where I'm at.

Knitting Tips
Knitting Tips and Tricks
Crafts KnittingMarch 15, 2006
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
Keeping Track of Events in a Calendar
Keeping Track of Events
A woman signing a contract.
Keeping Track of Contract End Dates
🎉
🎄