Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Preparing Zucchini for Use in Baking

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How do you shred zucchini for bread, cake, etc.? Do you peel zucchini first? Do you shred it by hand?

By kdbugd from MI

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Stacy 1 08/10/2009 Flag

I make zucchini bread at least twice a month during the summer. All I do to the zucchini is wash it off and the cut the stem off. I then grate it by hand using the larger holed grater. I do not peel it. I like the bigger shreds of zucchini because it makes less zucchini juice mess that I have to drain off.

Hope this helps

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jennifer 21 17 08/10/2009 Flag

Just wash the zucchini, cut the stem off, and grate. It's a lot less waste if you don't peel it. Sometimes if it is a bigger zucchini, I cut it in half and take some of the seeds out as they won't shred in a processor.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kay 1 3 08/11/2009 Flag

Thank you so much for your post to answer my question about zucchini. Thank you, Kdbugd

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By The Aunt 12 30 08/12/2009 Flag

Wash zucchini and trim off blossom end. I keep the stem end on to use as a "handle" when grating unpeeled zucchini by hand. That way I never grate my fingers.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes