Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Preparing Zucchini for Use in Baking

How do you shred zucchini for bread, cake, etc.? Do you peel zucchini first? Do you shred it by hand?

By kdbugd from MI

By The Aunt [11]08/12/2009

Wash zucchini and trim off blossom end. I keep the stem end on to use as a "handle" when grating unpeeled zucchini by hand. That way I never grate my fingers.

By Kay [1]08/11/2009

Thank you so much for your post to answer my question about zucchini. Thank you, Kdbugd

By Jennifer [21]08/10/2009

Just wash the zucchini, cut the stem off, and grate. It's a lot less waste if you don't peel it. Sometimes if it is a bigger zucchini, I cut it in half and take some of the seeds out as they won't shred in a processor.

By Stacy08/10/2009

I make zucchini bread at least twice a month during the summer. All I do to the zucchini is wash it off and the cut the stem off. I then grate it by hand using the larger holed grater. I do not peel it. I like the bigger shreds of zucchini because it makes less zucchini juice mess that I have to drain off.

Hope this helps