Preparing Zucchini for Use in Baking

How do you shred zucchini for bread, cake, etc.? Do you peel zucchini first? Do you shred it by hand?

By kdbugd from MI

I make zucchini bread at least twice a month during the summer. All I do to the zucchini is wash it off and the cut the stem off. I then grate it by hand using the larger holed grater. I do not peel it. I like the bigger shreds of zucchini because it makes less zucchini juice mess that I have to drain off.

Hope this helps

Just wash the zucchini, cut the stem off, and grate. It's a lot less waste if you don't peel it. Sometimes if it is a bigger zucchini, I cut it in half and take some of the seeds out as they won't shred in a processor.

Thank you so much for your post to answer my question about zucchini. Thank you, Kdbugd

Wash zucchini and trim off blossom end. I keep the stem end on to use as a "handle" when grating unpeeled zucchini by hand. That way I never grate my fingers.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchAugust 10, 2009
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes