Joyful Noise Sea Chimes
Windchimes made of sea things, beads, and recycled can lids seemed like a good fit for our deep sea-themed Bible School program. It will take two days. Kids will paint the shells, lids, and wooden beads, and add string, the first day; assemble the second day. Project would be good for a nature camp or pool party, too.
Approximate Time: Two 20-30 minute sessions.
- garden stakes or thick skewers, about 12 inches long
- waxed string or dental floss
- shells with holes drilled in them
- wooden and other beads
- smooth can lids*, frozen juice lids, or plastic Pringle lids
- small bells, optional
*Can lids must be the kind left when you use the Pampered Chef-style can opener. The other kind are too sharp around the edges!
- Allow kids to pick out shells and paint as desired. Let dry.
- Let kids cut out Bible verses or quotes, which you have prepared to fit the lids and printed out as shown.
- Glue on one side of lids.
- Paint the other side of the lid. Let dry.
- Also, you should have them attach the twine to the ends of the stakes for hanging.
- Then have them tie on three pieces of waxed string about 18 inches long for hanging the things on tomorrow.
- String beads and shells on the strings. Tie knots every now and then to keep them from slipping off.
- Add stickers to back of lid and add to the end of the string.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
June 24, 20100 found this helpful
What a wonderful idea for Daily Vacation Bible School. We try to always pick some kind of natural materials for projects too. Teaches kids about all the things God has put here for us to enjoy. There are so many things you can do with seashells if you live in an area where you can find them.
June 30, 20100 found this helpful
I was the art director for VBS for over 10 years and I too, looked for things like this to make as crafts, things that kids could keep and not be disposible. Be surprised when asking in the bulletin for the supplies how many come to share their collections!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 11:18:45 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us