All My Whites are Pink

I accidently got something red in my white laundry and everything has a pink cast now. I have tried hot water and oxyclean several times to remove the pink to no avail. How do I get my whites white again?

Ruthie from Kingston Springs, TN

they make a color remover by rit at your local retailer should do the trick. add a package of it to hot water in your washer, run through wash cycle with laundry soap and just before it begins to go to the rinse cycle run it through again. try this 2 or 3 times then let it finish going all the way through a complete cycle this should do the trick. i usuall pick up 2 boxes when i have to do this just in case 1 box isn't enough

Did you run it through the dryer? I hope not as that tends to 'set' the color in.

Those packets at Wal Mart are near the RIT dyes

and one is for clearing that up. I also sometimes

used a mix of wihte vingar and baking soda to

to whiten my whites. Good luck this should work.

Use a product called "Rust Out" or "Iron Out" - they are basically the same thing, I've used both, and they will usually whiten even if you dried the clothes. You will find them on the same aisle as other cleaners.

white vinegar in the wash should remove the pink. at least that's what my little vinegar book says!

I did the same thing! And by the time I realized it, I had dried them. I soaked and washed them again in oxyclean, and they look as good as new!

Unless your whites are made of synthetics (which will turn yellow with this mixture), 1/2 cup bleach and 1/2 cup automatic dishwasher soap-liquid or powder-mixed in 1 gallon hot water and used to soak your whites in will remove the pink tint. Mix well prior to adding clothes and leave them in only until the pink is gone. Be very careful as this mixture is very powerful/caustic!! Good Luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 19, 2006
Nursery with pink walls.
Decorating Rooms With Pink Colored Walls
Beating Egg Whites
Tips for Beating Egg Whites
Using Bluing
Separating Egg Yolk From Whites
Separating Egg Whites