Girl Scout Tagalongs Recipe

I am wondering if anyone has a recipe that is like the Girl Scout Tagalongs? Any recipe similar to these would be great! I did go to the that I read about on here, but it was more like a search and I didn't see any recipes.

Thank you!

Katieandjeffy from PA

Success! I scoured the web and found this recipe from a neat website called, 'Uncle Phaedrus, Consulting Detective and Finder of Lost Recipes':

For Shortcakes:

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon cream of tarter

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup unsalted butter, chilled

1/3 cup buttermilk

1 large egg

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

For Filling:

1 box Peanut Butter Patties Girl Scout cookies, crushed

8 ounces cream cheese

1 tablespoon honey

For Decoration:

4 ounces white chocolate, melted

1/2 cup chopped peanuts

Make shortcakes:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Cut the butter into 1/2 cubes and distribute them over the flour mixture. With a pastry blender, cut the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. The dough will be very sticky. Drop the dough in spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.

Make filling:

Mix cream cheese and honey in food processor until light and fluffy.

Cut all the shortcakes in half widthwise (like an Enlish muffin). Spread the shortcake halves with the cream cheese mixture and top with crushed Peanut Butter Patties Girl Scout cookies. Put all of the halves together (like a sandwich). Drizzle melted white chocolate over the top and sprinkle with crushed peanuts.

Makes 16 shortcakes.

Sounds good...I'll have to try it...thank you!!!

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat CookiesMarch 19, 2006
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll