House and HomeProduct Reviews

Product Review: Kitchen Gourmet Air Popper

I just tried the Kitchen Gourmet Air Popper from Walgreens for $10.00. I have to say if you like popcorn flying all over the place and lots of seeds not popped, then this is the popper for you. I guess you can tell I don't like it.

I will probably take it back for another pair of those wonderful sunglasses they sell for $9.00. They are in the "As Seen On TV" aisle. They fit over your glasses and are great, they make everything brighter.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton TN

I would forget a popcorn popper altogether. I just put 1/4 cup popcorn in a brown lunch bag and push the popcorn button on microwave. If you want butter, I take the 1/4th measuring cup and melt my butter in it in the microwave. You have no leftover kernels. Works great! I think I got this idea from someone on here.

Usually popcorn fails to pop because of a lack of moisture in the kernals, not the method or unit used to pop it. It just means that the corn was getting old. Sometimes you can put them in a jar with a couple teaspoons of water, shake, and let set to absorb the water. Either use it or place it in the freezer to keep it fresh (so it won't mold). Even if you just bought it, who knows how long it sat before being packaged to sell. Maybe if you tried some different popcorn, you'd have better results.

I found that by buying a better brand I got nicer popcorn and far fewer kernals. I can place a tea towel over the chute on mine and drape it over the bowl. No airborn popcorn. I've also found that by using an ice cream pail for 1/4c of kernals works.

This thing is a piece of junk! Luckily, it was given to me as a gift so I didn't waste my money on it. I tried it on some old kernels I had and it wouldn't pop them. So, I figured the problem was the kernels. I bought a brand new container of Orville Redenbacher kernels. This time, it popped some of the kernels but burned the rest. 1/2 cup unpopped yielded 1/2 cup of popped!

I am going to do the bag thing!

I purchased the Kitchen Gourmet Air Popper recently. I bought a jar of Orville Redenbacher popcorn kernels for the first use. Unpopped kernels flew out and bounced from the bowl and onto my chest. I have several tiny 1st degree burns on my chest since the kernal when down my shirt. Very little popcorn was popped in comparison to the unpopped kernels. Do not buy this product. If you have it you need to take measures to shield open skin from potential burns from unpopped kernels. I plan to return it to Walgreen's. Save your money.

Anonymous

Hilarious posts  Thanks for the laughs, someone gave me this air popper, only half the kernels popped, I was actually searching for the Instructions