Keep Your Swim Suit From Fading

To keep your swim suit from fading, go to your local pet store and purchase chlorine remover that you use for aquariums. Not only is it cheaper than purchasing chlorine remover for swim wear, but a little goes a long way and you may use a bucket of dechlorinated water several times before discarding. Also you have more than enough for your whole family to use.

By Debbie from Springboro, OH

What a wonderful thing to learn. I sent this on to my friend in Chicago who lives in a indoor pool area for her disability. I am sure she will be very thankful to learn this tidbit of information - thanks for sharing it with all of us!

How do you do it? Do you wash the swimsuit before hand? Or do you wash it after swimming? So very confused.

Editor's Note: After swimming in a chlorinated pool, put your suits in a bucket of water mixed with the dechlorinator. It will remove the chlorine.

I have lived in Texas and Oklahoma and have always had a pool. I have found by simply soaking our swimsuits in cool water after swimming that will keep the colors fresh. My daughter was on swimteam and at the start of the new season everyone had their old suits on which were navy and black. Hers was the only one that looked like new in fact everyone could not believe it wasn't new.

Saving Money on Swimwear
Saving Money on Swimwear
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsJuly 24, 2008
Chef Salad
Chef Salad Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
dark jeans
Fading Dark Jeans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:22:56 AM on in 980 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.