Newpaper Ads on Leather Car Seats

I accidently left a few newspaper ads on my leather seat in my car, baking in the hot sun. I have tried everything and nothing works including after shave, alchohol, nail polish remover, bleach. I am desperate. I have the ads permanently on my seat. Please help get my new car back! Thank you in advance. Christine

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have you tried oil? Like baby oil or almond oil (sold at health food stores)? I don't know, it may work. Also you might want to call the manufacturer for cleaning ideas. Beyond that I am stumped. What a shame if your seats are ruined! I hope something will work for you!

Try using hairspray the cheaper the better, spray on heavily and wipe it off with a hot damp cloth. If that doesn't work try leather shoe cleaner and if that doesn't work try using Dawn dishwashing liquid. If nothing works take it to the car dealer where you purchased it. They have all kinds of cleaning tricks to make cars look new again.

try mr clean dry erasers... i used it on my leather seats to get concrete dust off them, that stuff was horrible, i also use them on the steering wheel and the blinker cause my husband gets them so dirty and nothing else took off the concrete dye dust...

I accidentially got newspaper ink on my new beige colored suede leather jacket as we were driving through the city looking for a new apartment with the newspaper on my lap. Any thoughts on how to remove? Thank you.

The ink from the paper has penetrated into the leather. Rubbing to try and remove will only harm the finish and rmove the color... You need a Pro... heres a few things you can try...

1.) Call a dealer and get the name of their leather tech. They can redye the area to match.

2.) http://mobileleatherservice.com check some of the links here ...(ads to the right... I saw something that may work.

3.) sometimes pep boys has vinly spray colors that might match for a do it yourself job..

Answer

Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Leather Car Seats
Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorApril 17, 2005
leather car seat
Removing Rust Stains from Leather
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Leather Wallet
Re-dyeing Leather
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 12:09:17 PM on 10.0.2.94 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.