Laminate and Use Keepsake Maps

I invested in a laminating machine from the office store a few years ago for some craft projects, and really got carried away. I had scads of road maps (available for free from each state's tourism office). I cut these to fit my kitchen drawers, laminated them, and slid them in. They can be wiped free of crumbs and spills, and are fun drawer-liners.

Then I laminated some brochures from our favourite RV parks, and use them as placemats at rest stops. For the motorhome, I laminated one entire map to use as a giant placemat to cover the whole dining table - it can be rolled up, held together with a rubber band and stored away in the RV. And all of these nice things were free, except the cost of the lamination.

By Lady Eleanour from The Rocket City

Great idea!

I love these ideas. What kind of and how big a laminator would be best for home uses, such as you mentioned? Do you remember where you got it?

Could you use clear contac paper instead of laminating?

Just remember, never laminate a picture unless it is a copy. The laminate can get scratched and foggy and your picture can be ruined.

My mother used to cover particularly colorful souvenir paper placemats from her travels with clear contact paper to use over & over. It would be harder with large pieces, as it then gets awkward to apply straight.

Uses for Old Maps, Photo of an old map.
Uses for Old Maps
Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 9, 2009
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Keepsake Gift Ideas
Keepsake Gift Ideas
laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
patchwork teddy bear
Making a Keepsake Teddy Bear