Transplanting a Weeping Cherry Tree

I want to transplant my weeping cherry. It started as a baby sprout. The trunk is only 4 inches tall and 1 inch wide, and has a 6 foot shoot branching off in the right direction (northeast). Right now it is laying on the ground. When I transplant the tree, can I turn the tree to make it stand up. Do I post it, or do I prune the shoot? It is healthy and has many smaller shoots on it.

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Shannon from Grafton, WV

Answers

Transplanting a Weeping Cherry Tree
Home and Garden Gardening TreesSeptember 12, 2008
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Weeping Cherry
Growing a Weeping Cherry Tree
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
Photo of cherries hanging on a cherry tree.
Growing Cherries (Cherry Trees)
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 1:15:39 PM on 10.0.0.119 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.