Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Primer Stains on Clothing

How can I remove Kilz paint primer from my cotton Dickie pants?

By Ed

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Primer Stains on Clothing

I let my friend borrow a sweatshirt that I had bought in R.I, she was painting with primer and was worried about getting it on her clothes. The man she was with told her that the primer would come out and she didn't need to worry. Unfortunately, the primer did not come out and I am stuck with white splotches all over my red hoodie. It's been dry for about 2 weeks. Will anything take it out?

Taylor from Vermont

RE: Primer Stains on Clothing

Is the primer water based or oil based? If it is water based, you might try hair conditioner or liquid fabric softener. I have heard that soaking paint brushes in either of these two will soften the paint to the point of removal. I would suggest you let the item soak in either product for at least over night. Then gently rub the stained areas, rinse and repeat the gentle rubbing. If the stain is still there, soak again and repeat the next day. You may even try gently scrubbing the stains after soaking, with a nail brush. Good luck. (06/08/2007)

By hedera

RE: Primer Stains on Clothing

Rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. (06/08/2007)

By momma30

Archive: Primer Stains on Clothing

How do you remove primer paint from a shirt?

By Peggy

Archive: Primer Stains on Clothing

What can I use from around the house to get paint primer (white) out of sweat pants?

By Patti