How To Open The Wet Jet Battery Compartment

How do I change the batteries on the Swiffer Wet Jet?

By moesmad from Hummelstown, PA

Did you see the write up on Swift jet cleaner making pets and children sick?

Stop! Your battery compartment has probably fallen off! Check the bottom of your closet first, before trying to pry out a battery that is not there. Another web site gave me the heads up on this, and sure enough after trying to pry the battery compartment off, I realized it was sitting in the bottom of the closet! A very common problem!

Thank you to whoever wrote this. I thought i was going crazy!!

Mine did the same thing. Batteries were on the floor.

I have a Swift jet and not only are the batteries easy to change but it is a great product.

April 21, 2009 Flag

How do I open the battery compartment on a Swiffer Wet Jet?

eelane from Weatherford, TX

Answers:

Right below the gray thumb size thingy is a lever, just push down on it and it flips open. Might take a little pressure. Don't give up. (07/12/2007)

By ruthvalleygal

The battery compartment is faulty and very frustrating. I took someone's advice and pushed on the compartment below the gray thumb thingy and it broke. Surely with such a neat idea they could come up with a battery compartment that is not designed faulty. I don't think I will buy another. (06/19/2008)

By Wanda

I read the other complaints about the compartment and proceeded to destroy mine, too, trying to open what I thought was the battery compartment. I unscrewed everything, and finally ended up using a BIG screwdriver to pry the thing apart into many little pieces. I was amazed to find no batteries anywhere. On the way down to the garage to throw the darn thing out, I saw 4 batteries and a plastic case laying on the ground. It's so easy to remove that it removed itself! The trick to it? There is a little green tab. You might want to insert a flat screwdriver into the slot above to push down gently. (12/22/2008)

By EdgeWalker

It is simple when you know what to push. It is just under the bottle where the letters CE are, there is a green tab, push it down and the cover comes out with four batteries in it ,you will need a screwdriver to wedge the batteries out. Good Luck. It would be nice if they labeled it properly. (02/14/2009)

By hoodsie

Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsApril 21, 2009
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery
🎉
🎄