Neighbor Cats on My Porch

I would like to know how to keep cats off my patio?

By Cathy from Peoria, AZ

HERE'S A WONDERFUL CHEMICAL-FREE OPTION: $50

http://www.critter-repellent.com/p/2CE103CS.html

THE ABOVE WEB SITE SAYS:

"Keep cats out of your garden, safely and efficiently with a motion-activated burst of ultrasonic sound. Protect your garden, plants or sandbox without chemicals or fences. When cats come within range the CatStop automatic outdoor cat deterrent emits a sudden burst of ultrasonic sound (that humans can't hear) - the sound startles cats and teaches them to stay away. Installation is easy - just place the CatStop in the garden or outdoor area that you want to protect, and it's ready to go"

THEY HAVE SEVERAL OTHER CAT-DETERRENT PRODUCTS TOO:

http://www.critter-repellent.com/c/cat_products.html

* You can also try planting some catnip far away from your porch & this will draw the cats away & keep them happy at the same time!

Cats pretty much go where they want to. You could screen the porch in or try some of the mentioned products. Actually though do you want to be someone who cats don't like? It is s form of flattery when they like you.

Cats don't like anything citrus so maybe some citrus rinds placed on the entry portions or citrus spray but it needs to be renewed every couple of days. They'll soon decide they don't want to visit your porch anymore because of the smell. But, as another poster mentioned, the kitties coming on your porch is indeed a sign of flattery ;-)

Rather than shoot them with a pellet gun, buy a little water pistol. Cats don't like water. Lot less invasive. But works. Owner of 4 inside cats. Good luck. Connie

April 6, 2010 Flag

My neighbor's cats get on my porch every night. Besides scaring me awake, they pee on the carpeting and chairs and make a lot of racket. I cannot consult my neighbor about the problem as she is quite ill and I don't want to add to her distress. Is there any way I can deter the cats from using my porch?

Dolores from Las Vegas, NV

Answers:

Neighbor Cats on My Porch

Ive heard to spray vinegar, that cats hate that. There's also stuff at the pet supply store, one that's called "Kitty-no". I also use pepper like cayenne. I put it where they "went" once and they never go back to that spot after they smell there. Good luck. Here's a pic of my girl, who is not allowed outside. She's 10 and still a pretty girl, young at heart. (04/23/2007)

By Lily 59

RE: Neighbor Cats on My Porch

Neighbor Cats on My Porch

Try using orange oil, spraying it around or orange, grapefruit, or lemon peels. I've heard cats do not like citrus and will stay away. Good luck. (04/24/2007)

By Lynn

Neighbor Cats on My Porch

Try tin foil where they are going; they don't like the feel of it so they won't go there. Please don't use chemicals. I respect the women's opinion, but it could make your neighbor's cats sick. As for keeping them off your porch you need to scare them. Any loud noise will do. Try a boat horn these come in a air can like a spray cleaner for computers, but they make a loud noise when you push on the button. Couple of blasts from that ought to scare them enough they won't come back. (04/24/2007)

Neighbor Cats on My Porch

Well, first of all don't spray Raid, that is poison. I can suggest moth balls as they don't like the smell, but neither do humans so. It is a catch 22. I think the foil is a good idea.

Editor's Note: Mothballs are also poisonous. (04/24/2007)

By sandy63

Neighbor Cats on My Porch

My auntie fills a small plastic bottle about 1/3 full with small stones/pebbles and screws the lid on tight. When she hears the cats she just hurls the bottle near them. The loud noise scares them. She also uses a water spray bottle filled with a mixture of water and vinegar to spray near them. They hate the smell. I agree with the other readers about using anything with chemicals. If the cat gets the chemicals on the paws, they are likely to become sick when they lick their paws. (04/26/2007)

By Rae

Neighborhood Cat On Porch
Keeping Neighborhood Cats Off Porch
Home and Garden Pest Control CatsApril 6, 2010
Screened Porch
Flooring a Screened Porch
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Screened Porch
Winterizing a Screened Porch
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
🎉
🎄