Using Every Last Bit Out Of Bottles And Tubes

Get all the product that you paid for out of the bottle or tube before throwing it out. Plastic tubes are easily cut in half with scissors. Then you can reach in and get out the toothpaste, lotion, or whatever is in it. Toothpaste is easiest gotten out by putting the brush inside the cut tube. One person should finish the tube so that germs will not be spread. This works great for lotions and creams. A surprising amount of product is left inside the tube.

Shampoo, dish liquid, dish washer liquid detergent, and liquid laundry detergent can be used up by adding a small amount of water to the bottle and shaking. There is usually enough product for one more load of clothes, several sink fulls of dishes, and at least a load of dishes in the washer. Dilute shampoo half and half with water. There is usually no reason to shampoo twice,as is recommended.

Remember the company selling the product wants you to use it up as quickly as possible and an amount less than recommended will usually do the trick just as well.

By goldhillal from Waverly, AL

Here's another idea. Place the bottom of the tube (opposite the cap) on the edge of the counter and hold the tube with slight pressure while pulling the tube across the edge. This pushes all the ingredients to the cap end. I also push the shoulders of the tube in toward the cap to get the last bits.

Great post! thanks

I turn my laundry detergent bottles and my hand soap refill bottles upside down for a couple of days. You'd be amazed at how much will run down the sides of those "empty" bottles. I only shampoo once and I get one more shampoo by putting a little water in the empty bottle for one last shampoo.

I recently got all the lotion I could get out of 14 oz bottle of moisturizing lotion using the squeeze pump. Trouble was, there was still a significant amount of lotion still in the bottle that could never be retrieved using the pump.

As luck would have it, I had just finished a 33.8 oz bottle of SmartWater. On a whim, I tried to see if that cap would fit the lotion bottle, and it did! While I don't have the convenience of the pump, leaving it upside down will allow me to recover the remaining lotion still inside!

Another way to get to the lotion in plastic bottles is to cut them in half with an exacto knife. Then you can scoop out the rest of it. I can usually get enough sunscreen (Walmart Equate brand) out of an "empty" bottle to take care of my face, neck and arms for about 3 days.

Saving Money on Toiletries
Saving Money on Toiletries
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJune 16, 2010
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
M&M's
Uses for M&M's Plastic Tubes
Empty Wine Bottles
Finding Empty Wine Bottles
🎄